DIRECTIONS AND ROAD MAP
* Take the N4 Witbank Road from PTA / JHB – past Witbank, Middelburg, Belfast.
* Turn off – right – to Machadodorp.
* In Machadodorp take the Badplaas Road (turn left at the Dutch Reformed Church) After 20 km on the Badplaas road turn RIGHT at the Bloemfontein sign.
* The 8 Km dirt road to Bermanzi starts here! Go past the Old School Trout Lodge to a T-Junction and follow the red & white Bermanzi sign boards.
* Turn RIGHT at the T-Junction, and cross a low water bridge, past a farm house and chicken farm on your left and a Telkom tower on your right.
* After the road turns slightly to the right you get a Bermanzi sign on your left hand side. Turn LEFT here.
Go through a gate and turn SHARPLY left on the farm road. Drive slowly. Follow the double track through several gates.
The first gate’s lock must be opened with the supplied lock code. NB. The supplied code must be entered with the lock levers straight in line with the mark on the lock.
Press lock inward and pull open. Please lock the gate again after you have entered.
* Follow the arrows up to Bermanzi.
GATE LOCK CODE: will be supplied on confirmation of booking.
Booking your accommodation in Machadodorp
We encourage hikers to book an overnight stay at Bermanzi so that they can take their time on the trails without having to worry about rushing away before nightfall. For your comfort and convenience, we have created a series of accommodation options to suit the needs of our guests.
For groups coming to visit, we have The Stables. Here groups can stick together, enjoying each other’s company, socialising and braaing before turning in for the night in their rustic yet comfortable self-accommodation facilities. The Stables are offer affordable accommodation in Machadodorp (Mpumalanga).
Looking for the ideal romantic getaway? In The Rocks for 2, our accommodation cut into the stones beneath our guest house is the perfect romantic hideaway! This accommodation is a little more luxurious than The Stables.
Finally, for those smaller groups looking for a holiday home to share for a weekend, we have the Vakashani self-catering lodge. The views from this lodge are unbelievable, and with accommodation for up to 10 people, you have all the space you need to unwind!
Book your accommodation at Bermanzi in Machadodorp and set off on one of our 3 hiking trails in Mpumalanga.
Day Hikers must note the following:
While we welcome those who are looking to spend the day hiking along our popular trails, we only allow day hikers to hike from 8am – 5pm. Unless hikers are staying over in one of our accommodation facilities, we do not allow braaing. Day hikers will need to pay a small entrance fee in order to take on the various trails, and if you are not sure which trail is best for you, you are welcome to ask us.